Clerk/Treasurer Permits and Applications
Special Events Permit
A special event is any planned extraordinary occurrence on the public right-of-way or public premises including, but not limited to, parades, processions, bicycle or foot races, or festivals.
- No person or organization may hold a special event on the public right-of-way or public premises without obtaining a special event permit.
- Applications must be submitted to Village Hall 30 working days prior to the event for review. Upon approval, payment of permit fees and the completion of any additional requirements, the Village will issue a Special Events Permit.
- As part of the Special Events Permit Application (PDF) a copy of insurance naming the Village of Whitefish Bay as an additional insured in the amount of $1,000,000 or other insurance limits deemed appropriate are required.
A cigarette license is required for the sale of tobacco products anywhere in the Village. The annual license fee is $50.
Dog and Cat Licenses
All dogs and cats within the village must be licensed. The fees for licenses are $12 per animal if the animal is spayed or neutered or $24 per animal if the animal is not spayed or neutered. Pet licenses are valid for the year of issue only. Click here to download the license application.
Transient Merchant and Solicitor Permits
Door-to-door salespeople must obtain a Transient Merchant permit prior to conducting business within the Village. Those soliciting donations must obtain a Solicitor permit. Qualifications for a permit include:
- Applicant must pass background check performed by the Police Department.
- The organization must be registered with the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions.
- The organization must have a physical address.
- Transient Merchant fees: $150 for the business, $20 for each person.
- Solicitor fees: $20.
Applying for Alcohol Beverage Licenses
To apply for an alcohol beverage license listed below, please download the associated application and contact the Village Clerk/Treasurer's Office. Additionally, please download and fill out the separate application for a Temporary Class B License. The basic qualifications to be approved for a license include:
- You must be of legal drinking age (21).
- You must have resided continuously in Wisconsin for at least 90 days prior to the application date.
- You must have a seller's permit issued by the State Department of Revenue. Call 608-266-2776 for more information.
- You must have completed a responsible beverage server training course.
All establishments serving alcohol within the Village must have at least one licensed bartender (PDF) on premises during business hours.
- Applicant must be 21 or older.
- Applicant must have completed a safe servers class and provide certificate to Village Hall.
- Annual fee of $50.
- Expires June 30 annually.
Class A Fermented Malt Beverage
This Liquor License Application (PDF) allows retail sale of fermented malt beverages (beer, wine coolers) for consumption off premises.
Class A Liquor
This Liquor License Application (PDF) allows retail sale of intoxicating liquor including wine for consumption off the premises (liquor stores, grocery stores).
Class B Fermented Malt Beverage
This Liquor License Application (PDF) allows retail sale of fermented malt beverages (beer, wine coolers) for consumption on or off the premises (restaurants, beer bars).
Class B Liquor
This Liquor License Application (PDF) allows retail sale of intoxicating liquor including wine for consumption on the premises, and wine in original containers for consumption off the premises (taverns, restaurants).
Class C Wine
This Liquor License Application (PDF) allows the sale of wine for consumption only on the premises.
Temporary Class B License
The Liquor License Application (PDF) allows retail beer and/or wine sales, for consumption on the premises, at temporary events like fairs and festivals. Must be a bona fide club, county, local association, church, lodge, or society that has been in existence for at least six months.